Monday, March 2, 2009

Telling Tales in Schools

Last Friday, I had the immense pleasure of telling stories in Our Lady of Pompei elementary school in Montreal's East End. I had three groups: Kindergartners, Grades 1-3, and Grades 4-6. Each group had about 60 to 80 kids in attendance.

It was immensely fun. The kids were very receptive and excellently behaved. I brought my laptop and my microphone to record each show, so I'll be working on those clips and will post the highlights from those shows to this blog.

Just to give you a taste, here's a sample to what my introduction to each group sounded like.

Our Lady of Pompei: Introduction (1:38 minutes)

1 comments:

Metro said...

Hola--What a weird thing to hear your voice after having not seen you for ... well, way too long, yeah?

You sound as though you're having such fun with the kids:

"I have a story about a witch ..."
{sotto vocce "Yeah" from the kids}
"I have a story about the devil..."
{raucousness ensues}

Reach me through metro61 at gmail and we'll communicate.

Looking forward to it.

 
Copyright© 2010 John David Hickey