Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Volcano

About a month ago, I was invited to take part in Matt Goldberg's Confabulation, which is a storytelling event where the stories must be true. This month's Confabulation theme was Science.

As  soon as I saw the graphic for the Confabulation event, I had the story. I had never told it before, but I knew it was time for it to be told.

True stories are not usually my thing, but I'm lucky that my artistic community has events that challenge me to find, craft, and perform the true tales from my own life. This is my third appearance at Confabulation, but it's the first time it's been recorded.

Before I present the story, I want to give a shout-out to my cousin Andrew O. and David K. who witnessed this story and reminded me of some of the details from that day.

0 comments:

 
Copyright© 2010 John David Hickey