Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Quantum Nature of Linguine

Right now, in the city of Montreal, there's a guy who thinks there is some kind of loony who breaks into cars, drops off doggie bags of food, rearranges the contents of the car, steals nothing, and walks away. Let me explain.

To celebrate the end of my ASL class, the students went out for a meal at Pizzadelic and I gave Jessica a ride. It was too much food for me to eat, so I took some of it to go. Jessica said she would take the bus, so we said our good-byes and I walked over to my my car. I unlocked the door, sat in the driver's seat, placed my food on the passenger seat, and noticed a bag with shoes on the floor. "Ah! Jessica must've forgotten her bag!" I picked it up, locked the door, and ran down the street, but Jessica was long gone.

So I returned to the car, but I couldn't open the driver door. That's when I realized that this particular Toyota Matrix was not my car. The owner of this car must've left the driver door unlocked, which is why I was able to get into it in the first place. But now the door was locked, my food was stuck inside, and I had a bag of shoes in my hand. I was stymied.

I tried the other doors, but they were all locked. Fortunately, the trunk was open, so I slid the bag of shoes into the back seat. Then I stood there for a moment, unsure of what to do next. I could've climbed into the car to unlock the other doors and get to my food, but what if the guy showed up? He would never believe me. So I went to my actual car and started writing a note, but when I got back to his spot, his Matrix was gone.

I'm sure that guy is at home, staring at the ceiling, and wondering who broke into his car, left a container of linguine with a bruschetta on top of it, re-locked all the doors, and walked away.

It must be driving him bonkers.

0 comments:

 
Copyright© 2010 John David Hickey